Tuesday, October 5, 2010

DC Day 2!



Hesh Brahmi and Amla powders, water, olive oil and a plastic bowl...application brush is optional

Last weeks twist out lasted a full 7 days which is a no hair manipulation record for me.[SEE PREVIOUS WEEK HERE]  I love the way it lasted and I didnt have to do anything to it.  Before I decided to give up heat and really get focused on having healthier hair, every time my hair was natural I was usually styling every day and wearing a tight bun with gel. This week Im going to show how I incorporate ayurvedic hair powders into my weekly DC regimen.

First, I mix both full boxes of powder together in a clean plastic bowl.

Then I add about 1/3 cup of evoo

Distilled water is added last.  I add one cup to start with and mix. 

Continue to add distilled water until paste is formed a tad bit thicker consistency than cake batter.

I section my clean detangled hair into quads beginning with the back first.

Always making sure to apply Brahmi/ Amla paste from scalp to ends.  Remember one of the benefits of this treatment are to tighten and strengthen your roots to prevent hair shedding and thinning.


I make sure all strands are completely coated.

Sometimes I use an applicator brush to ensure my scalp is covered with paste
 

Once my entire scalp and hair are covered with paste I pile each section on top of my head

...and cover with a plastic cap and process without heat for at least 30 minutes.

As you can see my hair looks thicker, and the tight curls n coils are a bit looser.  It also felt stronger and softer afterward.  The loosened texture only last a few days.

Washing the paste from my hair takes about 15 to 20 mins and requires 2-3 co washes with an inexpensive conditioner like Suave, V05, or White Rain....99 cents per bottle!


I follow this regimen every other week alternating between the ORS Replenishing DC.

Curls were back to normal after co washing  and conditioning with Suave to detangle.


HHG

1 comment: