Friday, March 25, 2011

Healthy Hair Update

Sometimes I feel like there just isn't enough time in a day.  March 17th I was supposed to update my growth challenge for 2011. Unfortunately, life happens and I hadn't been able to squeeze in time to take pics, upload them, and write.  Nevertheless, I have had WONDERFUL results from wearing twists for almost 2 months (re-doing them weekly or bi-weekly) sticking to my co-wash only, bi-weekly ayuvedic regimen and Kinky Curly Knot Today and Curling Custard combo for styling (luv it!). 

May 2011 marks my 1 Year anniversary of being heat free.  I don't miss it that's for sure.  I can tell my hair has grown although at this point in my journey my focus has shifted from concentrating on  stretched length results to health length results.  This was always my focus however at one point I wanted to track the results every 3 months. I decided like I said in my last growth update, the length is where it is now without stretching so my updates wont have pics of me pulling my hair.  My long-term hair goal is collar bone length, dry, natural, and unstretched.  Might not sound like much but with my kynxx stretched that would be waist length.  Blame it on the shrinkage.

  Just wanted to share an updated pic of my low pony puff.  This time last year my puff was practically see through and so thin from years of heat damage.  So happy my journey towards recovering my hairs health is finally starting to pay off!  Continued Blessings!






HHG!

4 comments: