Friday, September 30, 2011

What's Your Shrinkage Percentage?


I was recently asked in an e-mail what my shrinkage percentage was.  I can honestly say I had no idea what my shrinkage percentage was until I took this photo.  I keep it kinky so of course I knew my hair draws up but I was completely oblivious as to how much.
 I co-washed in the morning, finger detangled in the shower and allowed it to completely air dry to the root.  In the photos below my hair was towel dried using a bit of conditioner I left in my hair from the co-wash. 


I'd have to say I have like 75 to 80 percent shrinkage.

This photo was taken at the end of the day...looks totally different, lol

  I normally keep my hair stretched at all times.  It's either in a bun, twists, or twist out, braids, or flat twists so I really didn't know exactly how much my hair was capable of shrinking.  Now I know. 

I luv my hair so part of loving it is embracing all that comes along with it.  I have to be honest though, I will probably never allow my hair to draw up to the max again.  I'm not ashamed of the shrink it's just once my kynxx draw up completely, it is much more difficult to manage and is more prone to break during the detangle process.

I luv my kynxx unconditionally so I have to take the good as well as what I perceive as the not-so-good.



HHG!

No comments:

Post a Comment