Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"Luv Is In The Hair" Deep Treatment


I'm always open to trying deep conditioning recipes, especially homemade, and semi-homemade ones.  I came across this one while visiting the blog of Mahogany Curls.  I checked the book Curly Girls out at the library November 2010 and wrote a book review on it.  [CLICK TO READ REVIEW]  I should have just purchased the book as now I've learned it to be a great reference guide to caring for curly hair.  In the book there is a deep conditioning recipe is called "Love Is In The Hair".  Based on the results I read on Mahogany Curls review, I knew I had to give it a try.



This is the recipe for "Love is in the Hair" deep conditioning treatment I used (Shea butter only may be substituted for Extra Virgin Olive Oil I used both as Shea Moisture's Deep Treatment Mask is Shea based)
  • 2 tbsp Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Mask
  • 2 tbsp Treseme' Naturals Silicone Free Radiant Volume Conditioner
  • 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 6 drops of Rosemary Essential Oil








I sectioned my hair into quads, parting front to back, ear to ear, and applied from root to tip.  Rosemary definitely stimulates those follicles, I felt a bit of tingle.





I always saturate the ends of my hair with conditioner....

I decided to steam for 20 minutes after I applied the treatment early morning.  I styled  a couple of clients while the conditioner sat on my hair and rinsed it after about 6 hours later that evening.



These photos of my hair are once the conditioner was rinsed and my hair air dried without any product.  I absolutely love it!!! My curls actually have definition without any product and shine as well.  It didn't feel oily or weighed down at all and it felt soft as butter.  Two huge thumbs up for "Love Is In The Hair"!



I decided to style my hair in my go to Top Knot Bun.  I just love the simplicity of this hair style.  It can be worn dressed up or down for any occasion.  To view a tutorial on the Top Knot Bun [CLICK HERE]


HHG!

9 comments:

  1. I just made a post about it. I bought the book last week and have not put it down since then. It has a lot of great recipes in it. "Love is in the hair" is the business!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed it is. I need to go ahead an purchase the book ASAP. I like using the Curly Girl method but get bored with the same look all the time...that's the stylist in me!

      Delete
  2. Your hair looks really nice, sounds like a great treatment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks UntrainedHair Mom...I appreciate that!

      Delete
  3. I need to make an appointment i need someone to teach me how to care for my dry, shedding, prematuring gray hair do you live here in Chicago? if not I might just come to where you are loving your love for natural hair. if you can will you call or email me so we can further communicate about treatment options...messiahg1@att.net or 773 812-7637 Thank so very much I will and would greatly appreciate your time

    ReplyDelete
  4. I apologize my name is Evelyn Ford you can find me on facebook as well to get a feel of who I am

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for reading. I am not located in Chitown, I'm in the Dallas, TX area. I will message you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete