Thursday, May 17, 2012

DIY: Relaxing Sweet Lavender Body Scub


Our skin is the largest organ on our bodies.  I have to admit when it comes to skin care I rarely indulge in exfoliating my entire body.  Since Summer is rapidly approaching I decided to step my all over body skin care up.  I wear a lot of strapless tops and dresses and really want my skin to glow this Summer.

A few weeks ago I found a recipe for a lemon sugar body scrub and have been using it for almost 3 weeks every other night or so.  I know it has made a difference.  I hardly ever received compliments on my skin and I know the few I've received lately are because of the scrub I've been using. My knees and elbows are much softer and my skin is beginning to look brighter.  I ran out of my ingredients for the lemon sugar scrub so I came up with this one on my own using what I had.  I recently purchased a fresh lavender plant and will use it for some infused oils.  Looking at that plant today gave me a perfect idea  for using lavender to wind down my day this evening.  Nothing soothes the soul like lavender aromatherapy...This body scrub is delightful!

Ingredients
2 Cups of Sugar
5tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1tbsp Argan Oil
5-8 Drops of Lavender Essential Oil (or your fragrance of choice)
Glass bowl
 Measuring Utensils
8oz. Recycled glass or plastic Jar

Here we go...

 Gather your supplies...
 Add the sugar...
Add the EVOO...

Add the Argan...

 Mix...
Add Lavender E/O...

...And finally we package :o)

NOTE: Be sure to use a clean and completely dry jar to store the scrub in to ensure maximum freshness.  I keep my scrub stored on my  bathroom counter top away from the enclosed shower/tub room.  I make 8oz batches so they are always fresh and one lasts me about 3 full body uses.  Sometimes my body feels a bit oily depending on which type of carrier oil I use.  So far I've used evoo and grapeseed oil. This was my first time adding the Argan oil.  My skin is soft as butter. I don't mind leaving the shower a bit oily because I'm finding I don't have to rush and put lotion on to keep my legs from getting ashy...that's a plus!  I always save old product containers as well, this one is from an old jar of Kinky Curly Curling Custard.  They are perfect for Do-It-Yourself projects and also help keep the earth a little more GREEN! 

I almost forgot...
I picked up these exfoliating gloves at Big Lot's for $1...they're gentle enough for daily use~

Peace and Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment