Monday, September 17, 2012

Amazing Botanicals Honey Condish & Hibiscus Gel Review


I am so excited to announce I am now using Amazing Botanicals Black Soap Poo and Honey Condish on all Kynxx clientele.  As a stylist it can sometimes be a bit challenging finding quality products in salon sizes that are cost effective, allowing me to use the product on my hair and clients.  I was happy when the owners Shelly and Asha of Amazing Botanicals offered salon sizes to me after showing continuous support on Kynxx Facebook page.  In February of this year I wrote a product reveiw on Amazing Botanicals Black Soap Poo and Pumpkin Pomade  [CLICK HERE TO READ REVIEW]. This reveiw will be focusing on Amazing Botanicals Honey Condish and Hibiscus Gel.

One of the most important jobs I look for a conditioner to tackle on my hair is detangling.  For me, detangling properly directly effects my hairs ability to retain lengths.  Constantly having to comb my hair out, even using a wide toothed comb I loose hair.  I noticed that when I use a really good conditioner that moisturized and provides subperb detangling benefits less hair is loss when I do comb it.  AB's Honey Condish did that and then some.  I decided to make my review on clients instead of on my own hair.  I'm always showing deep conditoning treatments and products on my own hair and really wanted to show the results on hair textures different from mine. 

Honey Condish Ingredients:
Distilled water, Aloe Vera, Beheutrimonium, Cetaryl Alcohol (moisturizing), Marshmallow Root, Honey, Avocado Buter, Shea Butter, Cupuacu Butter, Jamaican Black Castor Oil, Plantago Extract, Evena Oat Extract, Irish Moss, Potassium Sorbate (food grade preservative), Optiphen ND (paraben free preservative).

 
All these suds came from just ONE full pump of the Black Soap Poo!! The only sulfate free shampoo I've used that suds like this!
 
Very thick consistency...and to me the scent is light, sweet, and slightly floral.


Close up of hair of slightly coarse texture saturated with the conditioner. I was impressed by how easily I was able to untangle her hair.  Honey Condish may be used as a leave-in or deep conditioner under a hooded dryer or steamer.



I used the Hibiscus Gel on her braids....loved the shine and manageability it provided.


Finished style.


Hibiscus Gel Ingredients:
Water, Aloe Gel, Flaxseed, Hibiscus Tea Infusion, Optiphen, Black Castor, Safflower, Glycerin, Xantham Gum.









Tightly coiled Kynxx...





Finished look.

Needless to say I'm excited to be using a quality shampoo, conditioner, and hair gel on my own hair and on clients...stay tuned for my next review on Amazing Botanicals Go Green Liquid Pomade!

HHG!


 

2 comments:

  1. Would you recommend this for a wash and go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamaican Black Castor Oil is the best kind to use for your hair. You can typically find castor oil at any grocery store or drugstore. You may remember getting castor oil as a child as a regular daily supplement. I sure do and I don't have pleasant memories of it! But, castor oil is a wonderful oil to use for hair treatments and the benefits to your hair are astounding and well worth it.

    ReplyDelete