Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Easy Scarf Stylin'


Since the castor oil challenge is still running I've had to come up with ways to prolong wearing my hair in twists in effort to get more length retention.  I have quite a few slouch beanies and scarves and decided I may as well be using them. I posted the photo~collage above and had a few requests to make a tutorial, so, here it is.

I purchased the scarf brand new with an Express retail store price tag attached (previously worn a few time no longer have tags) for .25 at a thrift store in Arlington, TX called Thrifty town.  Moving forward you'll read a lot more about my thrift store hauls.  Everytime I share something I've found while thrifting I read comments on how many women like myself frequent them and find some serious deals on brand clothing. Not sure what the material is made of but it is very light weight.  The photos below are close ups of the fabric to show the pattern up close and how sheer the material in under lighting.


           





































HHG!

3 comments:

  1. I love the scarf Amber!You look So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the scarfs. I have natural for about two years now and think my hair is long enough to rock them now. I think they are so soulful... I to like to frequent thrift stores and find hidden treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog has inspired me to play with some scarfs that I have. I have been natural for about two years now and I think that my hair is long enough now to pull the look off. Especially on days when it is seriously time to wash my hair and I just dont have the energy to anything to it..... I too like to frequent thrift stores. I like to find hidden treasures. I think I know the one you are referring. Is it down the street from the GM plant?

    ReplyDelete