Tuesday, April 16, 2013

No Braid Elegant Updo



Looking for a quick and elegant way to style your hair?  Here is one I created specifically for those of you who are not able to braid to the scalp like most of my styles require.  It took me 10 minutes from start to finish!

What you will need:
  • Large Tooth Comb (detangle if needed)
  • Soft Boar Brush
  • Open and closed ended bobby pins 5-10 of each
  • 3 non rubber elastics (I used Goody elastics with no metal or rubber)
  • Hair Moisturizer of choice (I used pure aloe vera juice sealed with my Mango Shine Butter)
  • Hair Gel of choice ( I used flaxseed gel by Naturally Amari)

I started off the style on pre-stretched hair from a braid out.  I lightly misted my hair with aloe vera juice all over and used about a quarter size amount of my Mango Shine hair butter to seal in moisture for the style.




To start the style I parted an upside down V in the bang area of my hair near my forehead (shown above), followed by placing my elastic around the section (shown below).



 
 
 
I then parted a large section in the back from ear to ear (shown above) and placed my elastic around the section.
 
 
I twisted the sections of hair I'd previously placed my elastics around.  I gathered the final loose section in the middle of my head into an elastic and made 2 large twists with the hair in the middle section.

 
Starting from the bottom I pinned the large twist going under (shown above) using a large closed ended bobby pin to keep it in place.  As you can see there is a bit of a gap so I used a large open ended bobby pin to close the space so the twist is lying flat against my head.
 

With the two large twists I made in the center section I placed one of the twists downward and pinned it with a closed ended bobby pin.  The photo below I'm pointing to show how you cannot see where the first section and middle section twists meet...it should look like one big twist in the end.


With the second large twist from the middle section I pinned it going forward towards the upside down V shaped part I made, using a closed ended bobby pin to hold it in place.


All 3 twists are pinned and all I have left is the twist in the front to pin down. 
 

I flipped the twist going backward and placed an open ended bobby pin where my index finger is held. (shown below)
 

The final bobby pin was placed in the front shown below again using an open ended bobby pin.



FINISHED LOOK...
I added a bit of styling gel to slick my sides down and give the style a much more polished finish by softly brushing the sides.  I placed a few open ended bobby pins through out the twist in the middle to secure it to my head as well where I felt they needed to be placed. 











This is a great quick and easy style to wear that can be dressed up or down for any occasion.  I got tons of compliments and stares off of this 10-minute doo!  Give it a try, I'm sure you'll look gorgeous with it! 

HHG!

 

4 comments:

  1. I love it! I'm definitely going to put this style in my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I did a similar style for Easter but without the twisting. I did more a pin n tuck version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fabulous! I love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete